Currently I'm still clearing my offs and leave. Initially during my break, I didn't have much to do. Just looking for jobs and doing my routine exercises and playing computer games. However, the pass few days I bought 3 books which made me pretty busy. I bought an Excel Guidebook, POA 'O' Levels Topical Guide and a book that's called "How To Talk To Anyone". These books have kept me quite busy. Actually I'm partially so busy because I still have yet to completely give up totally on the time for gaming. Though I reduced the amount of time I play each days so that I can read these books, but time is still insufficient... Sigh if only I had 48 hours a day. But these 3 books had been quite enriching for me. I've been learning new things everyday for the past few days thanks to those books. Seems like I need to make a bigger sacrifice to cater for time for the books.
Recently I have increased my runs' distance up from a 5km plus to a 8km plus. More tiring definitely but I feel greater sense of accomplishment after each runs. Knowing I can run longer makes me feel better and healthier. Since I run every alternate days, one week I could run up to 32km!! I guess the distance I ran could be twice as much the distance some adults walk. I had started running 4 years ago. At that time, running was purely 3 reasons. First, it is to train me for National Service. I knew I was physically unfit. Thus, I started training to prepare me for the worst. So I can endure training better during NS. Secondly, it was for my ego, didn't want to show others that I'm that weak. Especially in front of girls lol. Thus every time I run I would be imagining people are looking at me and there's no way I would slow down. Lastly, for physical build. Running tones our muscle. Making a person look better. Moreover, since I took up Rock-Climbing, upper body fitness wasn't a problem to me. To balance out, I need to improve my lower body fitness by running. Until now I'm still not as fit as others despite training so much. I guess nature do play a significant part in our physical strength. However, now I'm running to maintain my fitness and my health and more importantly, I started to love running. It feels good after each run. The refreshing feeling you get after you shower after a run is just too awesome. Running has been my new passion since. Hopefully I can continue run till the age when I can't even walk hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment